Here are a few ways you can get involved and help put an end to Child Sex Slavery in America:
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-800-373-7888
- Become a Blue Campaign Partner
- Meet with and/or write to your local, state, and federal government representatives to let them know you care about combating human trafficking/child sex slavery, and ask what they are doing to address it.
- Organize a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to an anti-trafficking organization, such as My Sister’s Place, located in White Plains, NY – You can find more organizations here: Global Modern Slavery
- Students: Take action on your campus. Join or establish a university club to raise awareness about human trafficking/child sex slavery and initiate action throughout your local community. Consider doing one of your research papers on a topic concerning human trafficking/child sex slavery. Request that human trafficking be included in university curricula.
- Journalists: The media plays an enormous role in shaping perceptions and guiding the public conversation about human trafficking/child sex slavery. Here are some media best practices on how to effectively and responsibly report stories on human trafficking/child sex slavery.